Montag, 29. Dezember 2008

Stupefy!

I have been reading a lot of Yaoi in the last two, three months. Too much maybe, because it seems that my brain is affected. Over Christmas I have been watching the first five Harry Potter movies with my husband and while I always enjoyed that, I never had as much fun as this time when my brain started grouping the story characters into yaoi couples. Here's my favourite couples. The alltime winner would be Draco Malfoy/Ron Weasley. Followed by Sirius/Lupin. And Serverus Snape/Harry Potter. And Lucius Malfoy/Sirius Black seemed another interesting combination ...
Photobucket
My husband thinks I have finally started my mental decline, a rapid journey to dementia. But I found that I am not alone. There's plenty of Harry Potter-Yaoi-fan fiction and Harry Potter-yaoi-graphic fan work out there. Their favourite couples seem to be Draco Malfoy/Harry Potter and Lucius Malfoy/Severus Snape and Snarry (obviously Snape/Harry).
Photobucket
I think, after you read a lot of yaoi, many people (and I don't exclude myself here) get a bit addicted to it. What I find so fascinating about yaoi is that it has a better chance of breaking the settled rules of romance, it's often less kitshy while still dealing primarily with romance. It's like you get your favourite childhood dish served in a new style. Refreshing. Intoxicating. And addictive.
After a while you turn everything into yaoi. Frodo/Gollum. Aragorn/Legolas. Mozart/Salieri. Mr. Darcy/Mr. Bingley. Goethe/Schiller. Mark Anthony/Gaius Julius Ceasar. Sherlock Holmes/Dr. Watson. L and Light Yagami (both from the Death Note Manga). Once the yaoi virus has infected your brain cells, there's no stopping them. Nothing is sacred, nothing is spared, neither members of the church or politicians, for every man in the news there seems to be a perfect uke or seme waiting just around the corner to complete him.

2 Kommentare:

t_exchritiz hat gesagt…

Hey, I stumbled into your blog--yes you ARE not alone, we've got tons of Fujoshis--yaoi fans--out there including me, and talking about Harry Potter yaoi slash pairing, I'm into Harry/Riddle pairing recently x3

Unknown hat gesagt…

Thanks for the great post on your blog, it really gives me an insight on this topic.
marcus butler girlfriend