Dienstag, 16. September 2008

Apocalypse Now!

I'm a mother of three children, all of them in kindergarden. I used to think of myself as a calm, reflected person with an unshakeable patience. These days are gone forever though. In my pre-children life I did not even know I had it in me to scream or to lose it completely. Now I have developed into a part-time general and if your country ever needs someone to organize a small invasion - just give me a call.
The last two days our kindergarden was closed because the teachers were on training. It's times like that that makes you realize that they should be all be walking around with their chest decorated with medals for public service and peace keeping. Tomorrow kindergarten will re-open and I will be waiting at its gate at point 8.00 a.m. with all my three unruly heirs in tow. I can't wait.
Photobucket
Don't take me wrong, it's fun having children and I wouldn't want to miss any of my three brats. All the same they have a knack for settling me with a high blood pressure confliction. As when today my eldest daughter (5, left in the picture) decided she was made to be a hair dresser and cut her little sisters (3, right in the picture) hair. Poor Lucy, she never had any hair to spare in the first place and was so proud a few weeks ago with her first tiny thin little pigtail, which was so frail that it never really lasted long anyway!
Or when today the youngest thought it was a great game to empty a full box of pins into my (!) bed. (She is not daft, of course she doesn not empty them in her own bed.)
And I really thought it was the end of days, when I realized that my five-year old twins can now reach up into the sweety shelf if they stand on a stool. Our supply of chocölates, cookies and all other sweets have dwindled into dangerous all-time low levels. These are sometimes my only way of keeping them in line. I was so happy when they started to understand the if-then-system of cause and symptom. Like: "If you tidy your room, I'll give you a lollipop." or "If you keep arguing with each other, I'll withhold your daily portion of sweet things from you." No more, from now on it is survival of the fittest in our household.

Keine Kommentare: