Sonntag, 29. Juni 2008

Sweet Seventeen

Have you ever been in Love with someone who wasn't real? A movie character, an imaginary boyfriend, a dream lover or a person who is only alive inside a book?
I seem to have a weakness for unreal lovers. I constantly fall for the heroes in my books (not ALL of them - I do have SOME standards, only the really great ones). I am usually embarrassed to admit this, but I don't think I have ever been as embarrassed as I am right now. The latest subject of my infatuation is just turning 17. He is Japanese, sporty (high jump), but rather lanky than muscled, has black hair strands of which have a tendency to hang into his eyes and a rather reserved and quiet character. His name is Izumi Sano and he is the main male act in a very popular shoujo manga named "Hanazakari no Kimitachi e", an english translation
has been published under the title "hana-kimi". For you in full blossom."

Photobucket

I am a complete addict to Hana-kimi. Ever since I started reading it, I have to re-read at least one, two volumes every day. This manga series has been on my mind now for about 10 days. I could kiss the postman when he brings the new volumes. I could strangle him, if he fails to deliver. I dream about the characters. Sano is not the only great character. The one I like second best is Umeda, whose humour and sharp wit I enjoy (and just maybe because he is the sexiest adult person in the series, even if he plays for the other team). But Sano has the essence of romance. He induces heartbeat to me like few grown-up male characters. I really enjoy this infatuation with Izumi Sano and "Hana-kimi" while it lasts, although I'm sure the postman will be glad, once I have all 23 volumes in the bookshelf - he must feel haunted. ;-)

Keine Kommentare: